Ethermine vs. Nanopool profitability
Ethermine and Nanopool are two of the biggest mining pools for Ethereum. But which one is the profitablest?
Some days ago I startet a comparison and now I want share the result with you.
For the comparison I have used four rigs: two mining on Ethermine and two mining on Nanopool. They all have the same hardware and software configuration. One rig has a hasing power of ~193 MH/s. Here are the details:
- Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING
- CPU: Intel i3-8100 @ 3.6 GHz
- 5 x GeForce GTX 1070
- 2 x GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB
- EthOS 1.2.9
- Ethermine 0.14.0.dev2
# global settings globalminer ethminer globalmem +470 globalcore 1500 globalpowertune 120 globalfan 90 # rig settings (replace xxxxxx with rig id) # GPU order: 1070 1070 1060 1060 1070 1070 1070 pwr xxxxxx 120 120 90 90 120 120 120 mem xxxxxx 4270 4270 4650 4650 4270 4270 4270
I started all the miners on 2018-04-03 at 20:00 until they reached 0.2 ETH. The result is represented in the next picture:
The difference is very small. Facts:
- Nanopool reports more (~6.8%) hashing rate than Ethermine.
- Nanopool seems to be faster (~2.5%) in the first 24 hours of mining.
- Ethermine reached 0.2 ETH in 6 days 15 hours and 42 minutes. Nanopool reached 0.2 ETH in 6 days 17 hours and 33 minutes. Ethermine is performing ~1.15% better!
Ethermine is performing better, so I would choose it 🙂 Please leave a comment if you have done also some tests. It would be nice to compare other results.